When you’re installing a new gutter system in your home, it’s never recommended that you do it by yourself as doing so can leave you vulnerable to mistakes that are costly to rectify. Instead, it’s best that you leave the gutter installation in the hands of the professionals. However, as the homeowner, it’s also recommended that you understand the installation process as much as possible.
In this article, the residential roofing experts of All American Roofing lists the six best gutter installation practices that professionals follow.
- Use a Material List – When installing a gutter system, most pros use a material list to compile everything that they will need to get the job done. That way, they’ll be able to ensure that they have everything they need for the project before they go to your home for the job.
- Join Sections on the Ground – To make things easier for them, most gutter installation contractors also join the gutter sections from ground level instead of doing it high up in the air. By doing so, they can cut the work time much shorter and they’ll only need to make a few adjustments when on the ladder.
- Cut Out the Downspout Outlet – According to roofing and gutter installation experts, another practice that they tend to follow is the cutting of the downspout outlet instead of using a small section with an outlet already installed. This is because this practice allows them to eliminate two seams, giving the outlet a neater and more finished look as a result.
- Proper Application of Sealant – The proper application of the sealant is another gutter installation practice that professionals follow. That way, the gutters will be properly installed and protected, especially during rainy days.
- Use Good Crimpers – When professionals are installing the downspout in your home, they’ll use nothing but the best crimpers to get the job done. This is because good downspout crimpers can make preparing the component for installation much easier than ever.
- Use Screws to Install the Downspouts – Finally, expert gutter installers always use screws to install the downspouts instead of the standard rivets. That way, homeowners can remove the downspouts for cleaning much faster and easier.
Planning to install a new gutter system in your home? Look no further than All American Roofing, your number one service provider when it comes to gutter installation and commercial roofing projects. Give us a call at (888) 786-0400 or fill out our contact form to schedule a consultation. We serve homeowners in Oklahoma City, and other nearby areas in OK.